We have prepared the following guide to assist you with your electronic file preparation and submission. If you have a specific problem that is not covered in this guide, or have other questions, please feel free to contact us. Improperly prepared files can cause delays in manufacturing.
Checklist for Own Artwork Upload
- Upload Print File in PDF for best result
- All fonts are outlined and all Images embeded
- Images are in high resolution, 250 dpi minimum, 300dpi are standard
- At least 0.125" Bleed with crop marks, also safe margin for text and images
- Colours are in CMYK mode
Checklist for Contour Cut ArtworkClick Here to Download Contour Cut Guideline
- Include every point in "Own Artwork Upload"
- Additionally, Contour Cut line must be in spot colour with a unique name. e.g. "Cut_Contour"
- Contour Cut line should also on its own seperate artwork layer
- Make sure contour cut line is continuous and non-broken
- Taken account into the blade width in design
A 1/8" or .125" border must be added on top of the final printed size and designs must bleed to the edge. No white space or border should be shown between the artwork and the bleed line. Make sure text is 1/4" or .25" away from the artwork edge or the trim line to prevent accidental cropping.
Print previews are not a safe and sure measuring tool for colour accuracy. Colours on the file may be affected by monitor calibration, screen resolution and lighting. Many Pantone colours appear different when converted to a four-colour CMYK process.
To achieve the desired colour on press, digital files must reflect accurate colour models and percentage. Please make sure all colours and images are in CMYK mode for colour accuracy and a better quality output.
All images and pictures should be 300dpi.
Final Submitted File
- High resolution 300dpi PDF, CMYK with 1/8" or .125" bleed and crop marks
- Trim size should be at 100% final size
- All fonts outlined, images linked and packaged
We provide PDF files as electronic soft proofs. These digital proofs intend to show you the layout and design elements of your job, but cannot be a guarantee of colour accuracy. If colour accuracy is of extreme importance to you, please ask for a hard copy proof. Scan all transparencies and line art at 100% of the final size unless data size is prohibitive. In this case, you should scan at 1/4 or 1/2 of the final size